Affiliates COVID-19 Guidance
We are sharing with you some additional guidance and reminders in light of the current situation with Coronavirus (COVID-19). You may be aware that the UK Gambling Commission have released statements advising all Gambling Operators to continue to be socially responsible and not to exploit the current situation for marketing purposes. The Betting and Gaming Council (BGC) have also issued a ten pledge action plan to re-enforce their commitment to ensure a safe customer experience.
This guidance note constitutes an instruction by William Hill for the purposes of clause 2.4(c) of the terms and conditions of the WHAP, to which all affiliates agree to be bound. Accordingly, any affiliate who does not comply with this guidance document will be in breach of the WHAP terms, and will be terminated immediately and without payment.
Details of the BGC ten pledges can be found in this link:
William Hill (International) Ltd are in agreement with the BGC pledges, which all Affiliates MUST comply with.
We have also noted below some reminders to our current Affiliates Terms and Conditions as well as additional guidance points:
- We have applied heightened compliance monitoring software to ensure all Affiliates are acting in accordance with our terms and conditions.
- Key Guidance Points to Note are:
- Ensure that gambling is not portrayed as a suitable or desirable response to those experiencing boredom or frustration during self-isolation.
- Must in no way mention or use the words associated with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) such as “bored” “isolation” “stay at home” amongst others.
- Communications for gambling:
- must be socially responsible, with particular regard to the need to protect children, young persons and other vulnerable persons from being harmed or exploited;
- must not portray, condone or encourage gambling behaviour that is socially irresponsible or could lead to financial, social or emotional harm;
- must not suggest that gambling can provide an escape from personal, professional or educational problems such as loneliness or depression;
- must not suggest that gambling can be a solution to financial concerns, an alternative to employment or a way to achieve financial security;
- must not suggest that solitary gambling is preferable to social gambling; and
- must not be likely to be of particular appeal to children or young persons, especially by reflecting or being associated with youth culture.
COVID-19 presents exceptional circumstances that require exceptional measures to mitigate risks posed, including the need to adhere to the ‘Betting and Gaming Council’ 10 Pledges
If you are in any doubt or have any further queries on any of the above points, please do not hesitate to contact your Account Manager for further guidance.
Thank you from William Hill (International) Ltd.